Monday, March 8, 2010

Shhh......Do you hear that?

Do you hear it? I don't hear anything either! Isn't it great? The kids are all back in school this morning after a three week break. I love my kids and we had a great time together on the break, but the last couple of days were hard! They were errand days. I don't know what our kids think we do while they're at school. They must think I sit around all day, or am always out doing something fun. And somehow, the groceries just end up in our fridge. They really hate running errands with me. Plus, I decided since they were off school it would be a good time to take them to get their Easter outfits. So, yes I took all three of the kids to the mall with me! Duh! My 8-year-old daughter loves to go shopping and try on clothes. Her brother and sister were less than thrilled with her little fashion show, she must have tried on 8 different dresses! At least, we only had to hit two different stores to find what everyone needed. Anyway, I am enjoying my solitude right now.



Lisa @ One Mom's Eating Recovery awarded me this award. Thanks Lisa! It's nice to know she thinks I am a great liar. I don't feel really creative, but I hope I entertain sometimes.





Here are the rules to the award:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to 6 outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate 7 "creative writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Here are my outrageous lies and truth:
1- My husband and I are such huge college football fans that we planned our wedding around our favorite team's schedules so we would not miss a game.
2- I once won a trip to the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. While I was there, I was able to meet Kenny Chesney at an after show party. I love that man!
3-I spent 1 1/2 years in Argentina on a mission for my church.
4-I have never been to the ocean. :(
5-I am the youngest of 5 girls in my family. Talk about drama!
6-I have been playing the flute since I was 5 years old.
7-I spent my junior year of high school in Chile as a foreign exchange student.
Can you guess which one is true? I'll tell you all tomorrow.
Now, here are the seven blogs I nominate:
If you have already done this or do not find this kind of thing fun. No worries. I just wanted to recognize some of my fave bloggers.
Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. So, I'm thinking that planning the wedding around the football games may actually be true. They all sound crazy.

    My son is actually going to Argentina on a mission trip this summer...that is true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy the peace and solitude when my three kids go back to school!!! I hope you had a great day! ;)

    Your blog award sounds fun. My guess is you've truly never been to the ocean? I'll check back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss having small children, but I don't miss the shopping trips. That brought back memories! I once heard my son tell his friend, "My mom doesn't have a job, she's basically a bum." You better believe I set him straight. LOL!

    Congrats on the blog award. My guess is that you were an exchange student in high school. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am honored to receive the Creative Writer Award. Thanks so much, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award. I'm going to guess that you are the youngest of 5 girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Three kids (two who don't want to be there) at the mall? I may have nightmares tonight. :)

    No clue on the truth/lie thing, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award! I will get this on my blog (and come up with my list) soon!

    ReplyDelete