Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday and my excuses

Today is weigh-in-Wednesday and the scale is smiling on me. I weighed in at 187 for a 2 lb. loss last week and a grand total of 18.5 pounds lost! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I am hoping to reach the 20 pound mark next week. Over the past couple of weeks, I have found myself thinking that my total weight loss isn't really that much. It may have something to do with the fact that I still have so far to go or maybe it is the fact that I have not been looking at the big number for what it is and have just been seeing my 1-2 lb. loss each week. But today, I am celebrating 18.5 pounds. That sounds like a lot to me! I don't think I have been giving myself enough credit. :) I hope you all will celebrate every pound you lose, too!

Now on to the not-so-good news. I did week 4 of C25K training again today and failed miserably. I didn't even attempt the final 5 minute run! The final 3 minute one seemed extra hard today. Here are possible reasons (my excuses):

- I woke up late (once again) and could not get on the treadmill until after the kids were off to school. I had to talk myself into even getting on the treadmill. I think I set myself up to fail. My hubby has been sick and I'm not sure if he isn't setting the alarm or is just turning it off too fast before I hear it. I need to do better and listen for it.
-I only ate an orange before my workout. I usually only eat a piece of fruit before, but I wonder if since I had been up longer I should have eaten breakfast before.
-Once again, I let my mind talk me out of it.

This is all disappointing seeing how on Monday I was able to complete week 4 at my normal speed (walk-3.8, run 4.8). Today, I did walk at a higher than usual speed (4.1) for 8.5 minutes in place of my 5 minute run. And after that I lowered the speed a bit at a time and continued walking until the workout was 45 minutes long. I will try week 4 again on Friday.

Maybe if I had one of the shirts Trisha @ Endurance isn't only physical is giving away it would be easier. :) Check out her giveaway here. Some of my favorite T-shirt slogans are: "Who moved the finish line?", "Slow is the new fast" , "I'm only doing this so I can post a picture on facebook" and "This seemed like a good idea 3 months ago". LOL!

14 comments:

  1. i love those shirts as well
    i know you can do this and 18 pounds is amazing
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird how it's so easy to work out some days and so difficult other days. You'll get back to it and push hard!

    Wow...18.5 is a lot of weight! I like to look at it in 10 or 20 pound increments when I think about how much I have to lose, otherwise, it's too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days when our workouts are a little off. I had one Monday but today I felt great. It's weird, isn't it. I wonder though if a little protein with your orange might have helped. Also, did you feel like you were well hydrated before and during? My trainer told me that often that is the culprit when we have a not so good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the loss!!! As for the running, I can't relate. If God had wanted me to run, he would have given me detachable boobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Those shirt slogans are funny!

    Very VERY good job on the loss. That's AWESOME! Definitely something to be proud of!

    And thanks for your feedback on my blog... I like your routine. Sounds totally doable. I'm looking forward to following the rest of your journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we all have days like that. I like Jack's post today where he talked about that very thing. There are just some days where you can't do what you did yesterday.

    I hate those days.

    I'm hoping for the twenty soon too. Hopefully you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...almost 20 lbs..that is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally had those days during the program too. No harm in re-doing the day again. Congrats on a great loss, you are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing great!!

    We all have our struggling days of working out. You will keep going and it will get easier I promise.

    My only hint is to work on getting the times in and not so much about doing it at a certain pace. That's what I did. However, I had never run before, so I needed to just make the times..no matter how slow.

    Anyway..just keep going. You're doing fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an awesome loss and no, you are NOT giving yourself enough credit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you need to celebrate lady!!! 18 pounds is great!!! and if you ever get that thought again add 18lbs back to your current weight and be like "hey I don't way anything near that anymore, in fact I way 18.5 pounds less..." that has got to be a whole new category way to go.....you are totally gonna have to fight me for that shirt from tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing great - go gather 18.5 pounds' worth of food from your pantry, put it in a grocery bag and carry it around for 5 minutes...you will be amazed at how much that really is! Congratulations!

    Oh, and my husband and I each have our own alarm clocks. Cheap investment for no arguments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo-Hoo!!! 18.5 is awesome!!! Good luck on the next 1.5. And thanks for mentioning me in your posts...as soon as we get a routine down, I'll be back to being a better blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't lie, I'll be starting the c25k in about a month and I'm a LOT worried...c'mon show me that I can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete