Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Hello everybody! Happy St. Patty's day! I hope you each received a visit from your leprechaun. I have to say, our leprechaun has been very inconsistent over the years. But, I'm happy to say that he did visit us today, the second year in a row. Although, I don't know why we look forward to his visits so much, he turns our milk green and makes a big mess of our living room! It must have something to do with the gold covered chocolates he leaves in the kid's shoes.

Well, today is my official weigh-in day. I was hoping to get to 20 lbs. down, but that didn't happen. My weight is now 186.5, for a loss of .5. Total pound loss is now 19. This is my smallest loss since I began this journey. Am I disappointed? Yes and no. I am disappointed because my effort was not there this past week. I knew I would not reach 20 pounds this week because of this. I guess I should be happy that I saw any loss and not a gain.

The kids went back to school last week after having a three week break and we are still trying to get adjusted to the schedule again. Having the kids back in school means I am back to volunteering once or twice a week. My son is in morning kindergarten, so mornings is when I can exercise (most easily) and it is also when I can volunteer in classrooms without having to find a babysitter.

Anyway, I met my cardio goals but did not make time for much strength training. And daylight savings time does not agree with me. It takes me a little bit to get used to . I have not been able to wake up and exercise before the kids are up.

Also, I made some poor eating decisions. I am always really good to eat well for breakfast and lunch. It is dinner I have a problem with. It is part of my "plan" to eat the same things I have always eaten at dinner time and just watch portions. I do try to make more healthy dinners now, but we still have a lot of our favorites, which can be high calorie. This past week I made Mexican and had it twice (thanks to leftovers) and I also made some chicken Alfredo rolls. Not low in fat stuff! And I had a hard time controlling my portions, too. Lesson learned. This is still a process, isn't it?

I'm glad for a new week. This week will be better.

I am having C25K dilemmas. I have not started week 5 yet. The weather has been so great around here that I have been doing my walking/jogging outside. I have not found a podcast for the c25k with music that I like on it. I really want to complete this program, though. I don't know why my music is so important, but it is.

I have been running outside though. I think I've mentioned before that during the non-winter months I go on early morning walks with a friend. Well, on those walks we would occasionally try to run some. So during my walks this week, I have tried to run what we would run. I am happy to say that I have been able to run a further distance than before. Yesterday, I ran significantly further. Of course, the "significantly further" was down hill. It sure is easier to run down hill, isn't it? My shins could feel it though, so I am giving them a rest today.

There is rain and snow :( forecasted for the next couple of days so I will start week 5 on the treadmill tomorrow. I can't remember who it was but someone commented on my post a few days back and was wanting more info about the C25K. I forgot to mention it until now, sorry.
Anyway the program is 9 weeks long, although it takes some people (like me) longer than 9 weeks to complete it. For all the info, click here.

Have a great day everybody!

11 comments:

  1. good luck with all your goals
    your doign great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been happy to see 1/2 pound loss this week, at least you are moving in the right direction! happy st patty's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on losing anything at all, and for learning why it wasn't more. It is a lifelong process, and you're doing great!

    I didn't enjoy the Christian Indie broadcast C25K music, but it helped me get started. That's when I started doing C25K on the treadmill at the gym and listening to my own music. I'm with you...the music makes all the difference. I can't have any slow, laid back music when I'm running (jogging) I need upbeat stuff. :)

    Have a great week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that leprechaun was busy in your house!! I miss my kids believing in all that stuff. The other night my son (13) lost his last baby tooth. My husband said..."are you going to put the tooth under your pillow?" His response..."why...there isn't a tooth fairy?" I left him a note with his money that said....Even though you don't believe in me anymore I wanted to leave you one last gift since this is your last tooth. Love the tooth fairy. The next day he says...."well I guess the tooth fairy is a girl, she has good handwriting." Then he grins at me. Oh..time flies and they quit believing in magic too soon :(

    By the way...chicken alfredo rolls...what is that? Sounds super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have an Ipod touch or Iphone, you can purchase the C25k app that lets you listen to your own music and the trainer will talk over it at the appropriate times. It is the brown colored c25k app (there are a few of them in the app store).

    ReplyDelete
  6. greeen milk! sooo cute! makes me miss my mom.. up until she moved to texas I still got easter baskets and valentines gifts, etc. it didn't matter that I was .. well 20 years old! :) HAHAH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm.. the last comment.. the verification word that i had to type in was SPERM.. hahahaha made me giggle..i'm easily ammused! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been using the Robert Ullrey MP3 podcasts for my windows mobile phone. Yes, the music is a bit techno, but likely because you can find tons of that stuff royalty free.

    I don't pay much attention to it really...it just distracts from the silence of the surroundings and the sound of my feet slowly mashing the pavement, my heart pounding one foot out of my chest, and my breathing like an 80 year old asthmatic.

    Wait...why am I still doing the C25K?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the loss. That is still progress. You'll get there soon. I have music and I try to schedule it myself, but it is hard. Wish I were more help.

    Oh, and I HATE worrying about childcare too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog! You are doing great, and I love your blog! Keep it up. I am look forward to following you!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news on another loss! You just keep moving right along!

    ReplyDelete