Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Things-That I Love-Tuesday and the truth

Happy Tuesday, everybody! Well, it is time to come out with the truth from my list of 7 things yesterday. Here it goes:



1- My husband and I are such huge college football fans that we planned our wedding around our favorite team's schedules so we would not miss a game.
** My husband and I ARE huge college football fans but we did not plan our wedding around the season. We planned it around our school schedules. We DO plan our dates around football games during the fall, though.

2- I once won a trip to the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas. While I was there, I was able to meet Kenny Chesney at an after show party. I love that man!
** I did win a trip to the ACM's and I did see Kenny perform at an after-show party, but I did not meet him. :( Sigh.

3-I spent 1 1/2 years in Argentina on a mission for my church.
**True! I spent 18 months in Argentina serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Next to being a mom, it was the hardest, most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. To find out more about the church, click here. And when you encounter a missionary from any church, please be nice. :)

4-I have never been to the ocean. :(
**I love the ocean! Sadly, I don't go enough....but I have been there.

5-I am the youngest of 5 girls in my family. Talk about drama!
**I'm actually an only child. Not too much drama there.

6-I have been playing the flute since I was 5 years old.
**I do not play any kind of instrument and don't seem to have any kind of musical talent whatsoever.

7-I spent my junior year of high school in Chile as a foreign exchange student.
**My cousin did this and I think it was way cool. Not sure I could have done it though. I'm one of those crazy people that actually enjoyed high school. I don't think I would have wanted to miss junior year at my high school.


Now on to my thing that I love this Tuesday. It actually has nothing to do with exercise, diet or anything usually related to this blog. It is just something I love, so indulge me. It is:


Have you seen this show? Do you love it, too? I LOVE this show! It is quirky, hilarious and makes me smile. I'm sure you have all heard about it. I can't get my husband to watch it. There is just something so "High School Musical" about a show that focuses on a high school glee club. But it is so much more than "HSM"! It is definitely meant for more mature audiences, I would not let my daughters watch it, and it has a lot of great adult characters and storylines, too. I actually downloaded quite a few songs from the soundtrack onto my ipod. I am writing about this today because after a couple of months of a break it is back on TV tonight. Okay, they are not going to show any new episodes until April 13th, but I will be able to get my "Glee" fix for now on after American Idol on Tuesdays. If you have not watched it, give it try.
Today I slept in and decided to forego the treadmill because I realized I had three lunches to make and three kids to make sure were bathed and ready for school. Next time I will plan ahead and prep the night before. So I did my Biggest Loser Wii game training. It was only a light 15 minute workout today. I thought it was my day to volunteer in my daughter's class today so I was planning on that being my exercise today. But then I looked at my calendar and realized it is next week I am scheduled to volunteer. So after the kids were off to school I did my "30 day shred" video, level 2. What a workout!
I forgot to mention yesterday that I was able to do day 3, week 4 of my C25K training at my normal running speed. Hooray! I will repeat week 4's workout tomorrow and Friday of this week before I move on next week.
I hope you all have a happy day!


8 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching Glee but my husband HATES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Glee-but need to. Way to go on your C25k!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about Glee.

    Great job on your c25k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guessed wrong, but I'm glad the true one wasn't about the football. LOL! My husband once met a couple who planned their wedding based on the week that the Cleveland Browns weren't playing. I wonder if the wedding party wore jerseys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great truth. Way to go. You know, I saw people get married at a Red Sox game. Both wearing Red Sox gear, she had a pink ball cap with a veil on it..lol.

    Anywho, I've never seen Glee. I don't watch much TV..AT ALL! I've never even heard of Glee, how bad is that? There are so many shows people talk about that not only do I not watch, some I've never heard of. People think I'm strange! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen "GLEE". Sounds funny...

    Good job on running C25K at your regular speed. That's a great accomplishment. I tried two minutes at 5.0 today and was wiped out. I am working on my speed now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen Glee but my sister says I really need to so maybe I'll catch up with some of the repeats that are on. So thanks for mentioning it.

    It was fun learning more about your from you lies and truth. :) Congrats on doing the C25K.

    ReplyDelete