Friday, March 12, 2010

I did it!

I don't have much time today, but just wanted to blog that I completed my C25K, week 4 training today! I had to slow down a bit during the last couple of runs, but I did it. Thanks to everyone who offered me advice on this post about not having much energy on Wednesday. I decided to eat some protein with my fruit this morning about an hour before I hopped on the treadmill. I ate 1/2 c. of cottage cheese and 1/2 c. of blueberries. I also drank plenty of water. Week 5 looks a bit daunting and I did struggle with week 4, but I will be moving on. Day one of Week 5 doesn't look too bad actually. They are all 5 minute runs, but with a 3 minute walk in between. It's days 2 and three I worry about. We shall see.

Today I also registered for this:


The Race for the Cure!
Saturday, May 8th


And tomorrow I am going to a running store to be fitted for some proper running shoes. I think registering for the race and purchasing new running shoes are signs to myself that I am committed to carry through with my goals. What are you doing to convince yourself :) that you are committed to your goals?

Have a great weekend everybody!

12 comments:

  1. yay
    great job

    i want to know more about how i can do this c25k
    everyone is talking about it and how it works
    what is your plan
    and how many weeks is it

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!

    I signed up for a 5K also...(sshh....I'm posting about it tomorrow.) *giggle* I'm just so excited though... it's a way I'm committed and proving that I can do it.

    You'll do great next week! Just keep it slow and steady..if you have to slow down to make it through the run, then do it. Is week 5 the one with the first long run? 20 minutes?

    Well, I didn't think I'd make it through that, but I did...amazingly enough. It was then that I knew I could make it to the end of the program.

    I'm so excited for you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with the program! I need to start increasing my runs too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making it through. You can do it, keep up the great work.

    Congrats on registering for a race, that's wonderful. I'm glad your going to go get proper running shoes as well. Obviously you are very committed. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I think that is a great sign of commitment. I'm going to get to a running store. One of these days... Enjoy, and let us know what they tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! It shows great commitment to reaching and maintaining your goal! Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! SO happy to see someone else who is conquering the C25k! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo - so glad you are getting new running shoes AND that you signed up for a 5K...bet you will love both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome...you are doing fabulous and I'm so envious that you committed to a 5K already! There aren't any 5Ks that I've found in the vicinity (in the middle of the freaking desert) so I just have to keep looking I guess. I have W8D2 coming probably on Sunday methinks. I need at least one recovery days for my calves and quads after two days of skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go girl. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete