Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things-I Love-Tuesday and Level 2

It's Tuesday and I'm all about the things I love. One of my favorite bloggers is back! So my first thing that I love is Lisa's blog. Check it out, although I'm sure you already have. :)


Here are a couple of other things I love:


MY CROCS!!!!
Last year about this time my friend and I decided it was warm enough to start up our early morning walks again. We also decided to start jogging a few minutes of each walk. Unlike, this winter I had not been exercising at home during the winter months. A combination of being overweight, starting up exercising again and running caused me to have plantar fasciitis. Click on the link to learn all about it if you don't already know. I was having a lot of heel pain, especially in the mornings. It was all I could do to get up and walk out to meet my friend. Once I did, I could usually walk through the pain. I was describing my pain to another friend and she recommended that I go see a podiatrist because I probably had plantar fasciitis.
I am so glad I went to the podiatrist. Sure enough, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. As part of my treatment the doctor said I should always wear shoes, even in the house. Wearing shoes in my house has always been a no-no. In fact, I did not even like wearing shoes. Anyway, the Dr. suggested I get some crocs. He said, that they should be the name brand crocs because they really are better than the knock-offs. Well, being the cheap-skate I am I was having a hard time justifying buying a pair of crocs JUST for my house. I had already bought inserts and was planning on buying an expensive pair of good-for-my-feet sandals. So when I was at the shoe store buying some new tennis shoes I was elated to see a pair of crocs on the clearance rack for just 5 or 10 dollars (I can't remember exactly)! Yes, they are pink. A kind of ugly, salmon pink but I love them! I wear them faithfully all day long inside my house. On Sundays, when I've been at church for three hours in high heels I can't wait to get home and put on my crocs.

I don't know if I would ever buy me a pair of crocs to wear outside of the house, but I sure do love the ones I have! They definitely helped cure my heel pain. After a few months of being faithful in my shoe wearing and doing the stretches the Dr. suggested for me before I got out of bed each morning the pain was gone. I have considered it a great blessing not to have gotten plantar fasciitis again once I started exercising and running this time around. I was really worried about it. So the moral of this post is, Crocs are really comfortable and you should always wear shoes! Take care of those feet, people!
Today, I decided to try Jillian's 30 day shred- Level 2. It was hard! But not any harder than the first time I did Level 1. So I am going to stick with Level 2 for now. One bonus is there are no jumping jacks, besides the warm up ones. A downside is all the static lunges and squats in the strength portion of the workout make it really hard for me to get my legs to want to move during the cardio portion!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding me as a favorite..you're a sweetie :)

    Oh my word...I had plantar faciitis a few years ago at 290 lbs!!! OUCH!!! I have not worn crocs, but will have to try a pair now. The older I get the more I have to wear shoes in the house, which I hate!!

    So, glad to hear you're a fellow bargain queen. I love bargains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on level 2. I didn't get much out of level 1, and it didn't occur to me to try level 2. *senior moment* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave myself plantar fasciitis in just one day by walking around Las Vegas in platform flip flops - and I *knew* better! The pain is awful. My doctor told me I might be able to wear flip flops down the road, but after six months, even 15 minutes of use made my ankle/foot throb. She never mentioned Crocs: I may have to think about investing in a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to wear Dansco clogs for work- I was on my feet all day. I had 3 pairs of those shoes and they were $130 a pair! Bought a pair of crocks for work and they were the most comfy shoes EVER! Looked decent with my scrubs but I have yet to wear any now that I am not working. Although thought going to the pool they would be helpful! humm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information regarding the crocs. My daughter has planters faciitis and the doctor said she has to wear shoes in the house and we don't wear shoes in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call this pinkish hue "Rose bonbon".
    As for plantar fasciitis there is a good web site I use :
    http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great workout
    i also love crocs
    i have purple ones lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lisa and am glad she's back too. :0)

    I had plantar fasciitis about 4 years ago. I worked full time, overtime usually and was on my feet for a good 9-10 hours a day. Add into that my flat feet and obesity and boom, didn't take long.

    My doctor suggested special heel inserts which helped a little but not much..She didn't seem to care really, didn't make any other suggestions beside taking Motrin for the pain..Oh if I knew then what I know now!

    I dislike the look of Crocs so that alone has stopped me from buying a pair, I don't wear shoes in the house EVER..Though I'm not having problems with my feet too much at the moment either..Thanks for sharing the information though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my crocs too. They really have helped my plantar fasciitis too. A friend of mine with similar foot issues told me those were the worst shoes to wear because they don't offer any support so good to hear confirmation from you that they help you too. On my worst days when I'm literally crawling to the bathroom in the morning, my crocs are the only thing that help me walk upright. ;) I don't like to wear shoes so it's still hard to remember to wear them - especially doing so even when I'm not in pain - but I'm trying! Thankfully that even though the plantar fasciitis still shows up now and then, the intensity and duration of the pain has been much less the last month or so. As I had hoped, losing weight and exercising has really been helping.

    Also, very happy Lisa's blog is back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crocs are so comfy!!! I have a pair of knock-offs I wear to garden in because I rinse mud off and leave them outside.

    I never thought to wear them around the house, but I might just have to get a pair for that.

    My friends have teased me because I like Birkenstock sandals, but they are so much better for my feet than cheap cutsie ones that have no support.

    I don't wear crocs outside the house yet, but my mother wear purple ones EVERYWHERE...even to church!!! LOL She cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete