Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Things-That I Love-Tuesday

Hello everybody! It has been a few days since I blogged. I guess I haven't had much on my mind to share. My "New Moon" weekend was fun. My friends and I got some chat time while we waited for the movie to go on sale at Wal-Mart. We also stood in line to meet the "stars" but they left before we got up there. Bummer! Then my hubby and I watched the movie on Saturday night. We laughed at the cheezy parts, which always makes it more fun. I don't feel like I can laugh out loud in the theatre when I am watching it with hard core fans. I hope you all had a great weekend and Monday.

I have not been very good with my eating, once again, this week. We went to Chili's on Saturday night for dinner. I was planning on enjoying some chips and salsa and then having something from their guiltless menu for my dinner. I enjoyed the chips and salsa a lot! But then I chose something that was not on the guiltless menu. I tried their shrimp (fried) and smoked chicken mini-tacos. Yummy! I thought to myself that it is okay to have one "free" meal a week. And then later remembered that Wednesday had been a disaster eating day and so I had already had more than my one "free" meal a week. We'll see how it effects the scale. I think I will be down, but not by much.

On the positive, I have made pretty good choices exercise wise this week. I have mentioned before that I can only exercise first thing in the morning and once I'm ready for the day, I don't want to exercise later and have to shower again. This has meant that if I have morning appts., I may not exercise at all. Well, this past week I have exercised two different times when I had other things in the morning. I'm glad to see that I have been more committed to exercising even if it has to be in the afternoon. I prefer the mornings, but know it is important to fit it in when I can.

Today is Tuesday and here is the latest thing that I love:




I had seen Laughing Cow cheese mentioned on a lot of blogs so when a friend of mine offered to bring me a couple of triangles to try, I was excited. And it did not disappoint! I like to spread it on whole wheat toast and top the toast off with Canadian bacon and egg. It has also replaced my hummus in turkey wraps. I did try it on pita chips the other day, which was super yummy, but know that the higher calorie pita chips don't make a great choice.
I love that this cheese is spreadable and that it is low in fat/calories. How do you use your laughing cow cheese? I would love ideas!
See you all tomorrow for my weigh-in. I hope I can finally reach the 20 lb. mark!

9 comments:

  1. I use brie, but it's pretty much the same. I buy Wasa Crackers (wasa is a link) and put it with a slice of deli turkey and brie with a couple of grapes. That's a filling snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that L C is making new flavors! I love them! I make a LC Alfredo sauce for pasta!! Its DELICIOUS!

    Laughing Cow Alfredo

    Servings | 2

    3 Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges
    1/2 cup fat free milk/soy or almond
    1 Tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1/2 Tbsp Molly McButter Natural Butter
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

    Instructions

    In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all the ingredients over a low heat,
    until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20
    minutes. Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta of your choice.

    I like to add in fresh mushrooms!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has been a LC fan for years and I've had the full fat version a long time ago. I recently re-tried LC light Garlic and Herb recently when we were living out of the hotel the first week in Moab. I selected this instead of a tub of cream cheese. It worked great spread on a toasted bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some and stuck it in my fridge a week or so ago. I haven't tried it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing cow is one of my all time favorite foods! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it on a sweet potato --yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the other person on the planet who hasn't tried Laughing Cow. I'm not a fan of Swiss cheese, so I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. Maybe I'll give it a spin.

    Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we traveled through Vietnam, it was sold EVERYWHERE. I became addicted!

    I hope tomorrow brings you where you want to be. If not...next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I both love Laughing Cow. I like it on a baked sweet potatot (Lori@Finding Radiance gave me the idea) for lunch. Yum! He likes it on crackers or wrapped in lunch meat as a snack.

    I've never read or watched anything Twilight. Sounds like you're having fun with it. I'm all for girl nights, and chick flicks, so I'm glad you enjoyed that. :)

    ReplyDelete