Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everybody! The sun is shining here, it is beautiful! Of course, by tomorrow it will be a different story as storminess is projected. For today, I will just enjoy the preview of spring.


Today was my weigh-in day and I just have to say I am very pleased with the numbers. I now weigh 189 lbs! That is a two pound loss this week, a total of 16.5 pounds lost and I am in the 180's. I really couldn't be much happier right now. I think I've said before that it has been a long time since I've been in the 180's.


I think my victory on the scale and my excitement about it propelled me to a non-scale victory. I was able to complete week 4, day 1 of my C25K training today. I was not able to do it on Monday, you may remember. Today I slowed down from 4.8 to 4.3 for the last 3 minutes of running. I don't know why I didn't think to do this on Monday. Duh! I have been concentrating on running time instead of distance for this training so slowing down was okay for me. I think I will repeat this week, though. I would like to complete it running at the speed I have been running for most of the time.

My girl scout cookies arrived yesterday. I'm happy to report that I only had two thin mints last night and was quite satisfied with them. I did want more, but realized that two was enough. I'm even happier to report that I had none for breakfast today!

Today I am taking the kids to one of their favorite indoor pools. I must say that the thought of getting into a swimsuit is not very exciting for me. Seeing pics of myself in my swimsuit last fall is one of the things that helped motivate me to start this journey. I haven't been in a swimsuit since. However, I told myself a long time ago that I would not let my weight issues effect my kids. I knew I needed to either "get over it or do something about it"! So here I am doing something about it and since I am still far away from feeling good about myself in a swimming suit I will have to "get over it" today and go swimming with my kids. It should be a good day. I hope you all have a great day, too!

Tomorrow I will be posting a progress report about my journey so far as well as some new goals for the next couple of months.

12 comments:

  1. way to go breaking into the 180s! and great job keeping up with C25K too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get out of the 190's! That's AWESOME! :) and kudos to figuring out how the make the c25k program work for you!
    Girl, GET IN THAT BATHING SUIT, and enjoy that you are in the 180's now.. and realize that your suit will only get smaller! Don't miss out on pool time with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your loss. Woohoo for the 180's! You go girl!

    Great job with the C25K. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your attitude about the bathing suit is awesome!! I LOVE that.

    I bought 3 boxes of cookies from the little green cuties the other day. It's so nice to be able to eat them in moderation and realize you really don't have to eat the whole box to be satisfied. Whoonoo??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go. You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous in many ways! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got victories all over the place here! Kudos! (and quadruple kudos for not letting your discomfort get in the way of your kids' activities!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!

    I wanted to give you this award!

    Visit my latest post to find out more.

    And keep it up!

    http://everything-gwenny.blogspot.com/2010/03/weigh-in-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the program, and honestly it took me like 3 months to complete it because I DID repeat so many runs. I took it slow and made it work for me and I am happy to say I've completed it! You can do it, just do it at your pace!

    ReplyDelete